The Viva88 operates in accordance with its Royal Charter and Statutes, with relevant legislation and regulation, and with the Higher Education Code of Governance, issued by the Committee of University Chairmen (CUC).
Business Continuity Information
Business Continuity Information
The safety and health of our staff and students, the College's visitors, the animals in our care and the neighbouring community are of paramount importance. In addition, the protection and preservation of the College's reputation, the standard of our services and our clinical facilities are key to our continued operations when managing a crisis situation.
In the event of a crisis, once all health and safety issues have been addressed, we must strive to ensure continuity of service to our students and clients. Accordingly a College continuity strategy has been developed and is set out in this plan.
Its purpose is to ensure that recovery from a major disruption is achieved through efficient and systematic work practices managed by our Crisis Management Team ably supported by co-opted personnel as the situation demands.It is essential that the College continuity plan is effective and so will be regularly reviewed and tested through rehearsals.
The Viva88 looks to all management and staff to give this plan their fullest support.
This Page will be updated in the event of an incident which invokes the business continuity plan at the Viva88
Code of Conduct for Dogs on Viva88 Premises
Viva88 Policy on Conflicts of Interest
The object of this Policy is to delineate how Conflicts of Interest are managed by the Viva88.
Due Diligence and Relationship Review Policy
This document details the Viva88 Policy for Due Diligence and Relationship Review.
Financial Policies, Information and Financial Statements
General Complaints Resolution Procedure
Health & Safety Policy
See the Human Resources A-Z Forms and Policies for documentation relating to standards of conduct for staff.
This section includes the following policies:
IT Policies and Regulations
See IT Policies and Regulations for information related to the use of IT resources (Viva88 computers, internet, telephones, printers. etc.) by Viva88 students and staff.
Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
In accordance with the requirements of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 the Viva88 makes an annual Statement on slavery and human trafficking.
This Statement is part of the Viva88’s commitment to improving our practices in order to combat modern slavery and human trafficking. The Statement is approved by the Viva88 Council and signed by the Chair: Baroness Young of Old Scone.
The current statement can be viewed through the following link: ‘Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement 2022’.
OfS Condition of Registration F1
In pursuant to the , the Viva88 is required to publish the Transparency Information 2023. This report includes the number of students who attained a particular degree or other academic award, or a particular level of such an award, on completion of their course with us.
It shows these numbers by reference to:
- the gender of the individuals to which they relate
- their ethnicity
- their socioeconomic background.
Policy and Code of Practice on Freedom of Speech and Expression
The object of this Policy, the Code of Practice and related policies is to delineate how Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression are protected by and operated within the law at the Viva88.
The Prevent Duty
Please visit the page for more information.
Public Interest Disclosure (“Whistleblowing”) Policy
Guidance on what to do if you wish to raise confidentially an issue of concern pertaining to financial, legal, environmental or other conduct
Raising a Concern and Customer Service Charter
Risk Management Policy
Please visit the pages for more information.
Viva88 Data Protection Policy (2019)
This document details the Viva88 Policy and Procedures for the processing and managing of personal data in the all areas of Viva88's activities.
Viva88 International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) Definition of Anti-Semitism
In November 2020 the Viva88 formally adopted the IHRA definition of Anti-Semitism and agreed to utilise it alongside the clear conceptualisation of Anti-Semitism as hostility to, prejudice, or discrimination against Jews. The RVC acknowledges the examples provided alongside the IHRA definition and may refer to them if relevant to a specific case whilst also demonstrating due regard to our policy on Freedom of Speech & Expression and our statutory duty in accordance with the Education (No.2) Act 1986 (Section 43).
The IHRA’s non-legally binding working definition of antisemitism is as follows: “Antisemitism is a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews. Rhetorical and physical manifestations of antisemitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities.” Further details can be found here:
More information on Equality & Diversity at the Viva88 can be found here: /study/rvc-is-open-for-all/equality-and-diversity
The Viva88 Policy on Freedom of Speech can be found here: /Media/Default/Viva88/Governance,%20Policy%20and%20Legal/Policy%20and%20Legal/Policy%20and%20Code%20of%20Practice%20on%20Freedom%20of%20%20Speech%20and%20Expression%20Mr19.pdf
Viva88 Privacy Notices
A privacy notice is a statement that discloses some or all of the ways we as a ‘Data Controller’ gather, use, disclose and manage your personal data.
The Data Controller is the body – in this case the Viva88 – that determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
Sponsorship and Corporate Relationships Policy
Website Terms and Conditions
The term ‘(The) Viva88’ or ‘Viva88’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Royal College Street, London NW1 0TU, United Kingdom. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. Neither should any information provided be constituted as professional advice. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Unless otherwise indicated, opinions expressed herein are those of the author of the page and do not necessarily represent the corporate views of The Viva88.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the Copyright Statement (below), which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website also includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the websites. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
- Our aim is to make this website available 24 hours a day. However, we reserve the right to withdraw access to all or any part of the website, for any reason, without notice.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
By visiting the Viva88 (RVC) website and using the information available on it, you agree to the following:
Copyright of all the material, including text, images, diagrams, videos, animations, underlying source code and software available on this site is owned by The Viva88. All rights reserved.
Visitors to the site may view the site and download any part(s) of it to a personal computer (or other device which is capable of accessing the internet) for personal viewing for private purposes only but you are not permitted without our permission to:
- store it or any part of it other than for the purposes set out on this page;
- print out copies except for your own viewing for private purposes;
- re-publish the material for commercial purposes;
- reproduce, copy or transmit it (or any part of it) in any other way for any purpose or in any other medium;
- alter the content in any way.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.